Eggplant, Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes Yoghurt Bake
2 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
60 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Sazon seasoning ( see note )
250g cherry truss tomatoes
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
400g canned cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
¼ cup plain flour
200g Greek yoghurt
150g marinated fetta, drained
1. Preheat oven to 220C degrees.
2. Place eggplant, onion, Sazon seasoning and a tablespoon of oil in a deep baking tray ( 1.5 litre capacity). Place truss tomatoes on top then bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Remove truss tomatoes and set aside to serve. Add zucchini, canned tomatoes and half of oregano in the pan. Stir to mix. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
4. Heat remaining oil in a saucepan. Add flour and whisk over medium heat until mixture is pale and frothy ( about 2 minutes)
5. Remove from heat. Whisk in eggs and yoghurt.
6. Pour yoghurt sauce on top of vegetable. Sprinkle the fetta over and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
7. Serve topped with the truss tomatoes and remaining oregano leaves.
Sazon seasoning is an all-purpose Hispanic seasoning mix of cumin, annatto, coriander seeds, sea
salt, garlic, paprika, black pepper, onion, Mexican oregano, allspice and epazote. It is available from
specialty spice shops.