A perfect pairing to inspire you
We have partnered with our friends at Naked Wines to bring you a great offer on the best wines Australia has to offer, and pair them with delicioius recipes and produce from Hillview Farms.
Portobello Mushrooms with Blue Cheese - Pair with Byron & Harold The Companions Great Southern Cabernet 2019
Portobello Mushrooms with Blue Cheese Melt
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 100 g Lard Ass butter
- 2 tablespoons Mount Zero olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Olsson's salt and pepper, to taste
- 60 g Milawa Blue cheese
- Wipe the mushrooms and trim the stalks. Do not wash them, as they absorb water quickly and will become mushy when cooked.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pan. Add the mushrooms and fry over low heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown and softened.
- Sit mushrooms in the pan with stalks facing upward. Sprinkle the garlic and parsley over mushrooms. Scoop some of the butter and oil from the pan onto the garlic and parsley mixture.
- Cook for a minute without stirring.
Season well with salt and pepper. Crumble blue cheese on top of mushrooms. Cover pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve straight away
Recipe and photos by Razel @inseasontoday