Just as we were coming down with the flu my incredible sister made us this 'Cold Fighting Chicken Noodle Soup' and it was just what we all needed.
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Onion, diced
3 Carrots, peeled and diced
2 Celery stalks, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
5 cups Chicken Stock
2 Bay leaves
500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3/4 cup uncooked pasta of choice
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger, lemongrass, thyme and rosemary until fragrant, about 1-2 mins.
2. Whisk in chicken stock, bay leaves and 1 cup water; bring to the boil. Add chicken; reduce heat and simmer. Cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 mins. Remove chicken and shred, using two forks; set aside.
3. Stir in pasta and cook until tender, about 8-10 mins.
4. Stir in chicken and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Serve immediately with some crusty garlic bread!
Recipe from: www.damndelicious.net