- 1kg mixed Alvina Gala and Jonathon Apples
- 2 Plums, stoned
- 1 Handful of Grapes
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 1 lemon
- 50 g unsalted butter (cold)
- 100 g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Peel and core the apples, then quarter and chop into 3cm chunks. Cut the plums into chunks and halve grapes.
- Place in a saucepan on a medium heat with 100g of sugar and a few fine gratings of lemon zest.
- Pop the lid on and cook for 5 minutes, or until the apples have softened. Remove the heat and leave to cool a little.
- While fruit is cooling, cube the butter and place in a mixing bowl with the flour. Rub together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs, then scrunch in the remaining sugar to add a little texture.
- Transfer the fruit to a 25cm x 30cm baking dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Served with vanilla custard and/or ice cream.